We are offering the Vermont Youth Project training series at no cost to participants. These workshops are open to families, third space program staff, community members, and other partners.
- You can register for the entire series or select individual trainings.
- Trainings will be delivered through Zoom. It is strongly suggested that you use a device (computer or phone) with a camera. If you don’t have access to one, you can call in.
- You must pre-register to attend the workshop.
- All workshops are offered at no cost.
- If you have any questions, please reach out to Robin Katrick at email@example.com or 802-448-3464.
1. Parent Collaboration and Co-Communication | January 21, 2021 (4-5:30 p.m.)
Participants will learn about increasing the protective factors of youth through community parent collaboration and co communication. Local and statewide data from the Vermont Youth Project survey will be presented along with supportive activities for participants to develop local strategy ideas to support parent collaboration and co-communication.
Register here: https://www.cognitoforms.com/VermontAfterschool/VermontYouthProjectParentCollaborationAndCoCommunicationWorkshopJanuary2021
2. Third Space | January 28, 2021 (1-2:30 p.m.)
Participants will learn the definition of third space, why it’s important in communities, and how to increase the protective factors of youth through the third space. Local and statewide data from the Vermont Youth Project survey will be presented along with supportive activities for participants to develop local strategy ideas to support the third space.
Register here: https://www.cognitoforms.com/VermontAfterschool/VermontYouthProjectThirdSpaceWorkshop2021
3. Substance Misuse and Youth Perceptions | February 11, 2021 (4-5:30 p.m.)
Participants will learn about current youth responses regarding substance misuse and their perceptions around parental reactions and peer use. Local and statewide data from the Vermont Youth Project survey will be presented along with supportive activities for participants to develop local strategy ideas to support reducing substance misuse and addressing youth perceptions.
Register here: https://www.cognitoforms.com/VermontAfterschool/VermontYouthProjectYouthPerceptionsAndSubstanceMisuseWorkshop2021
4. Youth Mental Health First Aid | 2021 Dates TBD
Youth Mental Health First Aid USA is an 8-hour public education program which introduces participants to the unique risk factors and warning signs of mental health problems in adolescents, builds understanding of the importance of early intervention, and teaches individuals how to help an adolescent in crisis or experiencing a mental health challenge. Mental Health First Aid uses role-playing and simulations to demonstrate how to assess a mental health crisis; select interventions and provide initial help; and connect young people to professional, peer, social, and self-help care. The course is designed for adults who regularly interact with adolescents (teachers, school staff, coaches, youth group leaders, parents, etc.).
Register here: www.cognitoforms.com/VermontAfterschool/_20202021ProfessionalDevelopment