Save the Date! November 3, 2017
Vermont Afterschool Conference
Stoweflake Mountain Resort
The Vermont Afterschool Conference is an annual event that brings together hundreds of expanded learning programs, partners, advocates, and educators from around the state for a full day of learning, networking, and celebration. Save the date for November 3, 2017 at the Stoweflake Resort–we hope to see you there!
Professional Development and Networking
In total, this statewide professional development experience offers 6 hours of quality training plus time for visiting with exhibitors, hearing from state leaders and special guests, and networking with other programs and providers from around the state. Download the 2016 conference program here.
- We’re thrilled that Gayle Danley joined us as the 2016 keynote speaker. Gayle is a former national and international poetry slam champion. Recently she joined the Kennedy Center’s roster of master teaching artists providing high level arts integration workshops for language arts educators, and will be leading a workshop for out-of-school time educators following her keynote address.
- Our 2016 conference offered 25 workshop selections, including full-day strands, that focus on best practices in out-of-school time programming, youth development, and expanded learning opportunities. Take a look at the diverse offerings!
- Interested in learning how to integrate expanded learning opportunities and personalized learning plans? This year we offered an ELO and PLP track that is great for anyone who works with older youth (grades 5+) and wants to learn more about PLPs outside of the classroom. Check out the suggested tracks here.
- The conference concludes each year with the Afterschool Café. The Afterschool Café is an open networking time where attendees come together for music, food, sharing, and fun. Raffle prizes are also awarded during the Café thanks to the generosity and donations of more than 40 local programs, businesses, and organizations.
- NEW FOR 2016: YPQI Pre-Conference on Thursday, October 27th! Learn how to improve your program’s quality at this pre-conference training event covering the Youth Program Quality Initiative. Offered at an additional $20 if registering for the conference; otherwise $100 for the pre-conference training alone.
- Discounted room rates ($165+tax for a basic room) are available at the Stoweflake for those who want to stay Thursday night. Call the Stoweflake reservations office at 800.253.2232 and be sure to mention you want the rates for the Vermont Afterschool Conference.
2016 Conference Sponsors and Supporting Organizations
To find out more information on how to become a conference sponsor or exhibitor, please click here.