Vermont Afterschool is a nimble, flexible, and dynamic nonprofit working statewide to bring the power of afterschool to every community. We mobilize people, organizations, and communities to connect afterschool and summer programs with the supports they need to create positive youth outcomes for inspiring futures.
Impact on the state
- Vermont Afterschool initiatives have impacted programs in 80% of Vermont towns with afterschool, summer learning, and third space programs that operate during the out-of-school time hours since the beginning of FY19.
Impact on programs
- Vermont Afterschool initiatives have impacted 58% of known afterschool and summer learning programs since 2018-19.
- Vermont Afterschool served 100% of 21st CCLC programs and 59% of licensed school-age afterschool programs since 2018-19.
- Vermont Afterschool has supported 104 21C program sites in using the Youth Program Quality Intervention (YPQI) model to foster continuous quality improvements.
- Vermont Afterschool provided 68
trainingsto over 600 practitioners in the field in FY19. Based on data from evaluations from FY19:
- 92% of attendees fully agreed that they gained new knowledge;
- 92% of attendees fully agreed they would apply what they learned; and
- 93% of attendees fully agreed that attending workshops would help them do their jobs better.
Impact on youth
- An estimated 10,600 PreK-12 students in Vermont are impacted by Vermont Afterschool’s initiatives.1
- 4,284 youth voted for youth proposals to be funded in our first-ever Youth4Youth grant voting
- 12,289 youth participated in 21C programming in FY19.
- Vermont Afterschool has served 44% of expanded learning sites so far in 2018-19. And based on the Afterschool Alliance’s America After 3PM report published in 2014, 21,690 children and youth were served by afterschool programs in across the state. Multiplying these two numbers together gives us the estimated 10,500 youth impacted by Vermont Afterschool’s initiatives.